Friday, November 14, 2008

A Dear Friend...

Back in August, we made a choice to have one of our dearest friends come back to Washington in hopes to help him improve his life. He is someone that was there for us when he didn't have to be, and someone that we were there for during the hardest time of his life. Anyway, he lived with us for almost four months, and just last week we had to ask him to find another place to stay because of financial reasons. And unfortunately he had to go back home all the way to Ohio. It is weird not having him here, and I really worry about him and the choices he is making. Before he joined the Army (he is out now) he did a lot of horrible things back in Ohio and I just hope that this time he is going to improve his life and rise above everyone in his family and actually make something of himself. I hate seeing people I care about fail in their lives. I am not exactly where I want to be financially in my life, but I have a good head on my shoulders and I make good decisions. I just have two little road blocks that call me "mommy"... and until they both get in school I really don't have many options to go back to school and improve myself. But you bet, when they are in school I will be getting my ass back to college and making something great of myself.

Anyway, it had been a few days since I had heard from our friend, and tonight his cousin "accidentally" got ahold of his phone and called using all kinds of vulgar language, not directed toward me, but he sounded like he was on drugs and it was just really disrespectful. Our friend got on the phone acting like he had no idea who he even was, and I just kind of feel like it was a big slap in the face.

Well, it's Friday night and I am going to be spending the whole night trying to clean my place. I am sick of the mess! I live in a house of only boys (besides the kitty), and sometimes I wanna go crazy!


Happy Reading! 

2 comments:

Katie said...

Welcome to the blogging world and thanks for the congrats! I am definitely excited to be a mom! You are right, it does seem like yesterday that we were being mommies to our dollies and now it is not just pretend. I am hoping to be back up in Olympia sometime in early January. My sis is getting married in Portland on the 10th, but I would love to make it up to Oly for at least a few days. Maybe I will see ya then. Great blog by the way.

c.Livingston said...

Hey Katie, I am not sure if you have my number still or not. If not e-mail me @ LivingstonCM@comcast.net and I'll send it to you. Call me when you do come to Olympia. I would love to see you, it's been too long!!